Indian Railways, the largest employer in India, recruits outstanding sports persons every year to strengthen sports infrastructure and promote sporting culture across zones. For the year 2023, South East Central Railway (SECR) has invited online applications for 46 vacant posts under sports quota. Talented sportspersons who have excelled at national or international sporting events can grab this opportunity to serve the nation and make a career in Indian Railways.
The SECR sports recruitment 2023 offers job openings for 12 different sporting disciplines across technical and non-technical departments. The posts are open for Level 2, 3, 4 and 5 as per 7th CPC pay matrix with a good salary package and allowances. Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply subject to meeting the age limit, educational qualification, sports achievements and other criteria.
The candidate should be between 18 to 25 years as on 01/01/2023. Candidates born between 01/01/1998 and 01/01/2006 are only eligible.
- For Level 5 & 4 posts, graduation in any discipline is required.
- For Level 3 & 2 posts, the candidate must have passed Class 12/Matriculation plus Course Completed Act Apprenticeship/ITI approved by SCVT/NCVT.
- For Level 1 posts, the candidate should have passed Class 10 plus ITI or equivalent from recognized institute.
The candidate should have achieved any of the sports norms/levels of competence mentioned in the notification during the preceding two years of 2023-24. The achievement should be at inter-university competitions, state championships, national championships, Khelo India games, international sporting events etc. Participation or winning medal in All India Inter Railway tournaments is desirable.
Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates as per govt rules.
How to Apply for Indian Railway Recruitment 2023 Sports Quota:
Eligible candidates can apply online at the SECR website secr.indianrailways.gov.in. Applications should be submitted before November 13, 2023 along with upload of necessary documents and application fee.
For SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/PWD/Women/Minorities candidates: Rs 250
For all other candidates: Rs 500
Mode of payment is online using credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI etc. Fee is non-refundable.
- All eligible applicants will be called for sports trials to assess their game proficiency, fitness and sports achievements. Performance in trials will carry 60 marks.
- Candidates who qualify trials will be assesse by a Recruitment Committee which will award marks out of 40 for sports achievements as per norms.
- Final merit list will be prepared based on total 100 marks. Top candidates will be called for document verification.
- Appointment will be provisional subject to satisfactory verification of eligibility conditions with original documents.
- The candidates may have to undergo medical examination as prescribed by the Railway administration.
List of Participating Sporting Disciplines:
The SECR notification is recruiting talented sportspersons from the following 12 sports/games-
- Body Building
Available Posts Across Departments:
A total of 46 vacancies are open for recruitment across technical and non-technical departments of SECR. The post-wise vacancy details are –
- Jr Clerk cum Typist – 14 posts
- Trains Clerk – 3 posts
- Goods Guard – 3 posts
- Station Master – 3 posts
- Traffic Assistant – 3 posts
- JE Civil – 2 posts
- JE Mechanical – 2 posts
- Technician Gr III – 9 posts
- ASM/Traffic Assistant – 7 posts
Benefits of Joining Indian Railways:
Here are the key benefits that make a career in Indian Railways through sports quota highly rewarding:
- Job security with retirement benefits
- Promotion channels for career advancement
- Allowances like Dearness, House Rent etc as per pay matrix
- Free railway passes for self and family
- Medical facilities for self and dependents
- Accommodation at subsidized rates if posted outside hometown
- Excellent facilities to continue playing & excel in sports
- Prestige of serving in India’s largest public sector enterprise
- Opportunity to represent Railways in sporting events
- Chance to break national and international records
Therefore, talented sportspersons across India who meet the eligibility conditions must grab this excellent job opportunity in Indian Railways under the sports quota. It will help them make a stable career within the government sector while also supporting their sporting ambitions. With dedication and hard work, they can aim to represent India in global sporting events like the Olympics and make the nation proud. The future of sports in India relies on the talent which can be nurtured by organizations like Indian Railways. if any questions related Indian Railways Indian Railways Recruitment 2023 Sports Quota then contact on sarkari results.